XII Other Helpful Programs
With nearly 300 state and local chapters, the AIA serves as the voice of the architecture profession and a resource for their members in service to society. They carry out their goals through advocacy, information, and community. Each year the AIA:
- Sponsors hundreds of continuing education experiences to help architects maintain their licensure.
- Sets the industry standard in contract documents with more than 100 forms and contracts used in the design and construction industry.
- Provides countless Web-based resources for emerging architecture professionals.
- Conducts market research and provides analysis of the economic factors that affect the business of architecture.
- Hosts the annual AIA National Convention and Design Exposition.
- Serves as an advocate of the architecture profession.
- Promotes design excellence and outstanding professional achievement through an awards program.
The Valley’s AIA Chapter is located at 5121 Van Nuys Blvd, Suite 200A, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
If you or your company are looking for opportunities to bid for contracts with the City of LA, register your business on the below website and receive updates for bids that are applicable for you or your company.
The Department of Building and Safety has introduced the Inspection Case Management (ICM) program – a service that will utilize experienced inspection staff as Case Managers to assist, guide, and facilitate the construction inspection process to build safely, quickly and well. ICM will provide systematic and comprehensive assistance to customers with the following types of projects:
- Projects with a construction valuation above $10,000,000.
- Projects to develop restaurants and other food service establishments.
- Projects to develop charter schools.
A Case Manager will be assigned to each project to serve as a liaison for all LADBS services, solve project problems and provide the customer with consultative services spanning the following areas:
- Assist in navigating efficiently.
- Coordinate meetings between construction and inspection teams and provide a timely resolution to critical construction and inspection issues.
- Assist all construction trades to resolve as built or on site construction changes.
- Facilitate resolution to code related interpretation issues.
- Coordinate timely and comprehensive inspection for all inspection trades.
- Mobilize same-day inspections.
- Facilitate project phased occupancy.
At the client level, ICM will provide a single point-of-contact for the City of Los Angeles and offer assistance in navigating efficiently through the City’s regulatory procedures and policies. To assist with projects, ICM will create a partnership with construction teams and utilize a series of “all-hands” meetings prior to, and during construction, to collaborate on construction timelines, overlapping inspection disciplines, technical problems and the facilitation of Certificates of Occupancy.
PDPP allows the design and permitting processes for major projects to run concurrently. A Plan Check Engineer is assigned to the project to check plans and provides code consultation services throughout the conceptual, schematic, and final design phases. When final drawings are completed, the building permit is ready for issuance.
The State of California is currently in possession of more than $7.6 billion in Unclaimed Property belonging to approximately 28.6 million individuals, businesses, and organizations. The State acquires unclaimed property through California’s Unclaimed Property Law, which requires “holders” such as corporations, business associations, financial institutions, and insurance companies to annually report and deliver property to the Controller’s Office after there has been no customer contact for three years. Often the owner forgets that the account exists, or moves and does not leave a forwarding address or the forwarding order expires. In some cases, the owner dies and the heirs have no knowledge of the property. Sometimes businesses have thousands of dollars from a previously closed account they aren’t aware of.