The mission of The Valley International Trade Association is to promote international trade by providing our members with valuable resources, informational programs, referral assistance and networking opportunities.
The Valley International Trade Association (VITA) was founded in 1979 by a group of dedicated Valley business leaders and educators who were responding to the need for a local association focused on issues in international trade.
Since its inception, VITA has been the only resource, referral and educational association for international business in the Greater San Fernando Valley.
A nonprofit, membership supported trade association, VITA presents breakfasts, seminars, and workshops addressing issues in international trade by special guest speakers. These events offer valuable up-to-date information on the global marketplace and networking opportunities for VITA members.
VITA memberships includes executives, bankers, distributors, manufacturers, freight forwarders, entrepreneurs, wholesalers, government officials, U.S. faculty members from local colleges and universities and other trade professionals.
Working to foster business growth, VITA works with Chamber of Commerce Trade and Business Advocacy organizations and economic development agencies to provide companies with resources to help business owners develop and maintain a competitive edge in today’s dynamic global marketplace.
Our Mission is Achieved Through
- Information and Education
- Trade Opportunities
- Advisory Services
What We Do
- Educational programs and informational seminars that focus on up to date trade related information
- Expand the Valley’s role as a leader in international trade, entertainment, tourism, manufacturing, clean technology, and professional services
- Serve as the point of contact to businesses wishing to explore international trade to expand their operations by exporting to key overseas markets
- Promote the San Fernando Valley as a manufacturing base and trade hub, bridging the Valley to overseas markets
- Establish and maintain an international trade business network